Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Globalization?

Solved

Globalization?

• hi everyone,

Sorry, I’m novice, and I don’t know where to search precisely.

Here, I will wish that the values entered in a page(in this case, in Homepage), for example, working on all pages of the site, not on the page editor options located.
    I wonder if there is an option or something to do to “globalize” my options.
    Because, I created some options to change the image of my header, and this image is common on all pages of website…

many thanks in advance for help

Regards,

Nico

• I have yet see, this page, but I do not understand… if it’s “global” why it doesn’t work! 🙁

• Hi,

Yes you should use the options page for “global” settings in ACF. If you follow the tutorials/documentation in the page you linked it will work.
    Here’s a rundown of what you need to do:

1. Create your options page using `if( function_exists(‘acf_add_options_page’) ) {

acf_add_options_page();

}`

2. Create a field group with some ACF fields and in the location settings choose your option page.

3. Head over to the options page in the admin navigation and add values to your fields.

4. Output the field values in your theme using the_field('fieldname', 'options');or get_field('fieldname', 'options');

That’s about it!

• Thanks, but I don’t understand, I added the options via function.php as written in tutorial/doc, when I click on “create group” link, I create normally a ACF group as usual… now, how use it, precisely, in setting, there is no option about that 🙁
    I suggest just one checkbox to globalize on all the website the output…
    Regards,

Nico

• You’ll have to set the field groups location rule to display on the options page. I think it’s the last one in the dropdown. Look at the first dropdown in the location rules meta box. Scroll to the very bottom and you should see something like “options page”. Select that.

It’s very easy trust me 🙂

• Awesome!!!! I found it
    Now, it works perfectly!… but I find that it’s a little hard or complex to do that, maybe a big option could do the “job”…

Thank U Jonathan!

Regards,

Nico.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Globalization?’ is closed to new replies.