Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Give more info on field groups with what rules/posts/pages use the group

Helping

Give more info on field groups with what rules/posts/pages use the group

• I’ve been using ACF for several years now and have over 100 sites I’ve used it on.

One thing that becomes apparent is on larger sites there tends to be a lot of field groups – it can become quite tricky to find what fields affect what pages/posts.

Is there a way – perhaps on the field group overview page to show what rules affect what post types? Also is there a neat way that when you click into a field group, it shows the posts/pages that are using the groups?

One problem I had recently was that on a site with several CPT’s, I had a rule that was affecting a specific template. I had to make a change to it but I didn’t know what posts used what template.

• Well, this does the basics, menu order and and overview of the rules.

https://github.com/Hube2/acf-filters-and-functions/blob/master/acf-extended-admin-columns

To list all the pages, posts and whatever that the field is attached to would be quite complicated without actually examining all of the things that it could possibly be attached to.

You could add custom columns using a similar method to show what template each page uses. There are plenty of tutorials around on adding custom columns to admin pages.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Give more info on field groups with what rules/posts/pages use the group’ is closed to new replies.