Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Getting Warning: Illegal string offset 'ID' when I enter custom fields

Solving

Getting Warning: Illegal string offset 'ID' when I enter custom fields

• Hi,

Custom fields were working and then I went into it to add a new field, and I get several messages at the top of the screen saying Warning: Illegal string offset ‘ID’. When I look at the custom fields one of the fields is blank and is now a text field. Previously it was a URL field called Likey Image. I have tried deleting the field, and also adding the correct info to it. The rest of the fields seem to be working correctly.

This is in our staging area. I have a working version in our live version. If we cannot fix it, is there a way to export then import?

Any Ideas?

Thanks much.
    Error messages:

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘ID’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 951

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘key’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 952

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘label’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 953

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘name’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 954

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘menu_order’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 955

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘parent’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 956

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘key’ in /nas/wp-content/staging/crowditz/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-field.php on line 960

• That sounds like a conflict with another plugin.

Have you deactivated all plugins ?
    Have you switched back to a default WP theme ?

• Thanks for getting back to me. We ended up reverting to an old backup and everything returned to normal. Before the problem happened, we ran an update to the custom fields (which we have been doing for a few weeks) when the problem happened.

Since the restore, we have run the updates a few times and all is good so I do not think it was a conflict with another plugin.

Any other ideas what it could have been in case it does come back?

• Hard to pinpoint but in case it does happen again, I’d first deactivate all plugins, if it doesn’t change anything, then change to a default theme.

I’m fairly sure one of these should fix it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Getting Warning: Illegal string offset 'ID' when I enter custom fields’ is closed to new replies.