Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Getting this error: ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING with ACF installed

Helping

Getting this error: ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING with ACF installed

• The error:

http://wordpress.local/wp-admin/post.php?post=433712&action=edit net::ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING 200 (OK)

For the past several months, Before I updated ACF to a version after 5.5.13, I would get the above error in my local environment. Restarting nginx/php-fpm/varnish or restarting the vagrant instance would not fix it. However, I could reliably get rid of it by disabling ACF entirely.

Even more frustrating is the fact that the problem will go away on its own for hours/days/weeks. It is a truly intermittent problem, but persistently intermittent :/

However, I recently updated to the latest ACF version and discovered my Custom Fields were gone in wp-admin. I discovered this was being caused by ACF version 5.5.13. I added the below code to my installation and BAM the ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING error returned. Removing this line (i.e. hiding Custom Fields) causes the error to go away. Until now, I’ve not been able to reliably produce the error so effectively.

/* Unhide Custom fields which ACF hides in 5.5.13+ */
    add_filter('acf/settings/remove_wp_meta_box', '__return_false');

I’ve googled this quite a bit. There are an awful lot of “red herrings” out there. Namely, changes to nginx buffering, php.ini changes, etc. None of these works.

Looking for some help. Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Getting this error: ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING with ACF installed’ is closed to new replies.