Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Getting started

Solving

Getting started

• Hi

I am absolutely new with no knowledge of php or codes. I only understand the baisi of using wordpress. Hence the theme I currently used needs the modificaiton, I just thought the ACF can be an easy answer. I bought the V5 and I have followed the video tour and setup the sample slides but nothing showed up on my home page. Tried to follow the getting started instruction but couldn’t understand fully.

Any chance for the simple instruction please. I am using the TourOperator theme.

Many thanks

• sorry. without basic php knowledge ACF is useless for you. (imho)
    because every frontend view need to be created at your own. (coded php/mysql/js/wp)

if someone code that for you. content could be filled easy with ACF.
    but if you have to do it on your own, i assume it would be easier to search something else than ACF that no coding need. (visual composer: could maybe the tool that you search)

• This thread includes many ACF video tutorials that helped me learn ACF and php.

Give it a go!

• Hi @mightymio

To display ACF values in your theme, you will need to make use of the native ACF functions(get_field() and the_field()).

The ACF documentation makes it easy for beginners to get started and offers code examples for all field types.

Please have a look at the following resource page on how to display values on your theme: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/displaying-custom-field-values-in-your-theme/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Getting started’ is closed to new replies.