Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Getting saved postmeta to display

Solved

Getting saved postmeta to display

• New to WordPress and ACF (20 years in traditional programming world) so trying to understand how meta_values saved by ACF are displayed.

I set up a test page, ACF group, and related ACF fields in a sandbox site. All the data saved by ACF in the post appeared on the page as advertised.

I tried do the same on an existing site, but this time as a standalone field (not associated with any page, but set up a post type called intro that fires the appearance of the form field on the admin side. The data is saved but it seems that no matter what page template I place my code, nothing appears. Using:

<?php the_field('menu_intro'); ?>

The wp_postmeta shows:

4293 | menu_intro                  | This is the menu intro
    4293 | _menu_intro                 | field_5c5ba4f757dab   

Is there some way that I have to “register” that this particular field appears on this particular page, or is the_field indiscriminate about this and just pulls it from the postmeta table regardless? (the later is not working).

I can get it using the $post_id, but I had to write a wpdb query to get that based on the meta_key.

Thanks, Brad

• It appears this is a duplicate of https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/retrieving-saved-acf-values/

Please close this thread (or the other one) so we don’t have confusion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.