Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Getting saved postmeta to display

Solved

Getting saved postmeta to display

• New to WordPress and ACF (20 years in traditional programming world) so trying to understand how meta_values saved by ACF are displayed.

I set up a test page, ACF group, and related ACF fields in a sandbox site. All the data saved by ACF in the post appeared on the page as advertised.

I tried do the same on an existing site, but this time as a standalone field (not associated with any page, but set up a post type called intro that fires the appearance of the form field on the admin side. The data is saved but it seems that no matter what page template I place my code, nothing appears. Using:

<?php the_field('menu_intro'); ?>

The wp_postmeta shows:

4293 | menu_intro                  | This is the menu intro
    4293 | _menu_intro                 | field_5c5ba4f757dab   

Is there some way that I have to “register” that this particular field appears on this particular page, or is the_field indiscriminate about this and just pulls it from the postmeta table regardless? (the later is not working).

I can get it using the $post_id, but I had to write a wpdb query to get that based on the meta_key.

Thanks, Brad

• It appears this is a duplicate of https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/retrieving-saved-acf-values/

Please close this thread (or the other one) so we don’t have confusion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Getting saved postmeta to display’ is closed to new replies.