Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field get_row_layout() not showing all layouts

Solved

get_row_layout() not showing all layouts

• I inherited a site using ACF after my predecessor left my company, and I have never worked with WordPress or ACF before now.

The theme of the site I’m managing has a custom page template called single-everfi-toolkit.php, which is pulling in layouts from a field called “Content Blocks”, which is Flexible Content:

if (have_rows('content_blocks')) {
                                    while (have_rows('content_blocks')) {
                                        the_row();

$everfi_fc_layout = get_row_layout();
                                        set_query_var('everfi_fc_layout',$everfi_fc_layout);
                                        set_query_var('everfi_fc_initial_cols', 4);//NOTE: refers to the bootstrap col-#

get_template_part('includes/fc', $everfi_fc_layout); ?>
                                        <hr/>
                                    <?php }
                                }

In the Includes folder of the theme are PHP files for all the existing layouts, with the prefixes “fc-” and then the name of the layout. I Add a Test Text layout to the Field in ACF, then made the corresponding PHP file “fc-test-text.php”:

<?php
    $title = get_sub_field('block_title');
    $css_id = get_sub_field('css_id');
    $css_class = get_sub_field('css_class');
    ?>
    <section<?php echo($css_id ? ' id="' . $css_id .'"' : ''); ?> class="fc-test-text content-block<?php echo($css_class ? ' ' . $css_class : ''); ?>">
        <?php
        if($title){
            echo '<h3>'.$title.'</h3>';
        }
        ?>
        <?php
        if(get_sub_field('is_intro')){
            the_sub_field('intro_content');
        }
        ?>
        <div class="testTextContainer">
            <p><?php echo esc_html( get_field('text') ); ?></p>
        </div>
    </section>

I can add my Test Text layout in my Content Blocks field when editing a toolkit page, and fill out all the fields as expected. However, the content does not show on the toolkit after saving. I tested existing layouts and they show just fine. Can anyone please help me understand what I need to do to get my Test Text content to show on the page as well?

• When you created your new layout did ACF convert the layout name to “text_text”.

I as because the only thing I can see here might be the name of the file you are trying to get.

will assign the layout name saved in ACF. The file name must math this exactly using the code you have. “fc-test_text” will not load “fc-test-text.php”

If this is the case you either need to change the layout name in ACF or change the file name.

• Thanks John, I did ensure that my PHP file name was fc-text_text.php to match the name test_text. However the Test Text block is still not showing on the toolkit page after clearing my cache.

• If the file name matches the layout name with “fc-” prepended and it is in the theme “includes/” folder then there isn’t any reason that is should not be working. You need to start looking into what is happening

echo $everfi_fc_layout;

• Welp, turned out I needed to clear my cache in WordPress after renaming my file. Can’t believe I forgot to do that. My new layout is now working as expected. Thanks so much for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.