Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO get_post_meta works but get_field not

Solving

get_post_meta works but get_field not

• I have posts with custom fields created by acf. These fields get filled by external code which works so far. See Screenshot #1.
    I can access the values via get_post_meta but not with get_field. get_field returns nothing. I think because the field_key relationships are missing. when i open one post in wp-admin and just click “update” without changing anything, get_field now returns the values. i try to fix this by a bulk code instead of opening/saving each post by hand:

add_action( 'wp', 'batch_save_posts' );
    function batch_save_posts() {
        $get_posts = new WP_Query( array(
            'posts_per_page' => -1,
            'post_type' => "werkstatt"
        ));
        while($get_posts->have_posts()) :
            $get_posts->the_post();
            $fields = array(
                "anschrift" => "field_5be4355066b72",
                "plz"       => "field_5be4355e66b73",
                "ort"       => "field_5be4356866b74",
                "telefon"   => "field_5be4356f66b75",
                "email"     => "field_5be4357866b76",
                "website"   => "field_5be4357f66b77"
            );
            foreach($fields as $key=>$field){
                if($value = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(),$key)){
                    update_field($field,$value[0],get_the_ID());
                }
            }
            write_log("updated: ".get_the_title());

endwhile;

wp_reset_query();
    }

when loading wp, all fields get the field key relationships as you can see in screenshot #2. but still i am not able to retrieve the field values with get_field. still have to save the post once to get this working. what do i miss here?!

• I have a similar problem – would like to bulk edit all my posts. Did you managed to get it work? Thanks!

• What you are using to import the values needs to create the correct field key reference when the field is updated. This is not something easily done after the fact.

• Thanks, John! nicmare asked the question “still have to save the post once to get this working. what do i miss here?!” is this related to my wish that I want to find a way to change some posts in a way that I export them, incl the proper (field value, fiel key) pairs; modify some values and finally import them back? What do I miss there?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘get_post_meta works but get_field not’ is closed to new replies.