Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Get value from specific row in nested repeater

Solved

Get value from specific row in nested repeater

• I am trying to figure out how to get a value from a specific row in a nested repeater.

What I am trying to do is creating a natural language form (http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/NaturalLanguageForm/) that can change the position of the options in the dropdown based on how which one is used most. I also want the possibility to easily change questions via backend administration that then generates the form. So I have chosen to use nested repeaters.

So whenever a user makes a choice and presses search I use som ajax magic to send in which row they have selected from.

I have solved it so I can update that specific row with whatever value I want. But I can’t for the world figure out how I can get the value from a specific row and then do an $count++ to increment the value.

I have wrote some comments in my code below. But the problem is the to get the value from a specific row.

function update_select_rows($array_selected_fields) {

// This array looks something like this ["1", "2", "2", "4", "3", "2"]. Where each selection is a pair. So the first two numbers in this array tells me that the user has selected form the 1:st question the 2:nd value.
    	$array_selected_fields_count = count($array_selected_fields) / 2;

while ($array_selected_fields_count >= 1) {
    		$row_outer_pos = $array_selected_fields_count * 2 - 2;
    		$row_inner_pos = $array_selected_fields_count * 2 - 1;
    		$row_outer_id = $array_selected_fields[$row_outer_pos];
    		$row_inner_id = $array_selected_fields[$row_inner_pos];

//This is the problem. I cant for the world figure out how to get the value.
    		$count_uses = get_sub_field( array('field_57472d5d5b2b8', $row_outer_id, 'field_57472d735b2b9', $row_inner_id, 'field_57481c6a50018'), 'options' );

$count_uses++;

//This works flawless and I can update the specific row inside the nested repeater.
    		update_sub_field( array('field_57472d5d5b2b8', $row_outer_id, 'field_57472d735b2b9', $row_inner_id, 'field_57481c6a50018'), $count, 'options' );
    	    $array_selected_fields_count--;
    	}

}
  • Just figured out the solution to this myself so I share it here

$nfl_question_repeater = get_field('nl_form_questions', 'options' );
    //Just change the number here to specify the first repeater row
    		$row_outer = $nfl_question_repeater[0];
    		$row_question = $row_outer['question'];
    //Just change the number here to specify the nested repeater row
    		$row_inner = $row_question[1];
    		$row_inner_value = $row_inner['uses'];
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Get value from specific row in nested repeater’ is closed to new replies.