Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Get 'meta key' from field.data object

Helping

Get 'meta key' from field.data object

• Hey, there, I’m a developer and making a plugin for some ACF + WPML functionality.

It’s purpose is to allow user adding a field translation directly from main version.
    So I made a button for each text/textarea/wysiwyg field with `acf.addAction(“ready_field/….. {
    jQuery(this).append(
    ‘<div class=”pat_button button”>TRANSLATE</div>’
    );
    }`

which on click makes an ajax call and loads all the translated values by field key:

jQuery(".pat_button").on("click", function () {
        var field_id = jQuery(this).parent().parent().attr("data-key");
    }
        $post_id = $_POST['post_id'];
        $post_type = $_POST['post_type'];
        $field_id = $_POST['field_id'];
        $languages = apply_filters( 'wpml_active_languages', NULL, 'orderby=id&order=desc' );

foreach($languages as $key => $value) {
            $languages[$key] = array();
            $languages[$key]['dest_post_id'] = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $post_id, $post_type, FALSE, $key );
            $languages[$key]['dest_field_id'] = $field_id;
            $languages[$key]['field_val'] = get_field($field_id,$languages[$key]['dest_post_id']);
        }

echo json_encode($languages);
        wp_die();

It’s kinda working for top-level fields and I can see those textareas are filled with values properly:

However, when it comes to nested inputs,textareas and wysiwyg inside repeaters or flexible content I get empty values. Probably because I have to conditionally use get_field and get_subfield for different inputs.

However, how can I implement such conditional usage? It feels a bit complicated to use has_rows() for my case. is there a way to get ‘meta key’ with javascript api from field.data so I can get_post_meta/update_post_meta instead of get_field/update_field?

• Is it work???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.