Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Get Fields in a Group or Tab for Output

Solving

Get Fields in a Group or Tab for Output

• Is there a function to obtain a list of fields in a field group or layout?

I basically want to mirror the field groups / tabs to the output, and the get_fields() function only shows all the fields as one list. I need to break it up, either according to the tabs or field groups or flexible content layout rows in the back end.

• Hi @bluecomet

You can load the fields from a field group like so:

$fields = apply_filters('acf/field_group/get_fields', array(), $field_group_id);

• Hello, elliot!
    Thanks for the great plugin.
    Why don’t you create separate function for this with description in documentation? This way is not very clearly without digging in support forum.
    I think it would be very useful to get fields by group ID, not all fields by post ID.

• Hi @bluecomet

Yes, hopefully soon I can add in a developer filter / action reference!

Cheers
    E

• Quick follow up question – how do I get a list of field group ID’s given a post ID?

• Hi @bluecomet

You can see examples of this in core/controllers/input.php on line 137:

// get field groups
    $filter = array( 
    	'post_id' => $post_id, 
    );
    $metabox_ids = array();
    $metabox_ids = apply_filters( 'acf/location/match_field_groups', $metabox_ids, $filter );

• Sorry to revive an old thread but has this changed in V5? I simply would like to get all custom fields name/values for a post grouped by group ID.

• I am also having the same issue. Looks like this filter no longer works in V5

$fields = apply_filters(‘acf/field_group/get_fields’, array(), $field_group_id);

• You can achieve the same thing using get_field_objects($post->ID);

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Get Fields in a Group or Tab for Output’ is closed to new replies.