Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Get fields from page posts list

Solved

Get fields from page posts list

• Hey guys , how are you ?

I’m trying to get the fields on the page that lists the posts, searching on the internet I did not find any information about that.

Ex.
    get_field (‘field_name’, ‘page_post_list_here’);

• It is not altogether clear what the goal is.

If you’re looking to be able to enter data on this page, you cannot. ACF does not have the ability to put field groups hear and WP does not support adding them the way you indicated.

Elaborate more the goal of having fields here and someone may be able to suggest a solution.

• Hello John,
    I’m trying to get the information from the fields shown in the print above, to display on the front end, these fields are configured for post list type.

I use the ACF Extended plugin, when I register a custom post type, it saves the information with {name_cpt} _options, and then I can get the information from the fields and show it on the front end.

so in this case I use.

get_field ( ‘my_field_name’ , ‘{name_cpt}_options’ );

As this is the default wordpress post list page, I couldn’t find a way to get the information as in the example mentioned.

get_field (‘my_field_name’, ‘name_of_option’);

I’m looking to find out what the ‘name_of_option’ parameter would be

• I’m trying to get the information from the fields shown in the print above, to display on the front end, these fields are configured for post list type.

I use the ACF Extended plugin, when I register a custom post type, it saves the information with {name_cpt} _options, and then I can get the information from the fields and show it on the front end.

so in this case I use

get_field (‘my_field_name’, ‘{name_cpt}_options’);

As this is the default wordpress post list page, I couldn’t find a way to get the information as in the example mentioned.

get_field (‘my_field_name’, ‘name_of_option’);

I’m looking to find out what the ‘name_of_option’ parameter would be

• My suggestion would be to contact the author of the acf extended plugin.

• He answered my question, I will leave it here for future.
    It’s an ACF Extended Feature

@hwkfr

The post type “Post” is named post (editado)

So in your case, as you use the Post Type List Location on “Posts”, it will be:
    get_field(‘my_field’, ‘post_options’)

If you use that location on the post type page, it will be get_field(‘my_field’, ‘page_options’)

For a custom post type named review , it would be get_field(‘my_field’, ‘review_options’) etc… etc…

{name_cpt}_options is a placeholder you should adapt depending on the said post type

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Get fields from page posts list’ is closed to new replies.