Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Gallery's images disapper after post update

Solved

Gallery's images disapper after post update

• Hy, I’ve an issue with the gallery field extension.
    When I upload a new image, i can select it and put in the gallery field… but when I click the Wp Update post button and the page reload the image previously uploaded disappear.
    It disappear both in the Gallery Field metabox and in the “Media modal window” view!
    But phisically the image is update correctly and is visible in the general Media section of WP.
    Any seggestion? Thanks!

• Hi @Boniz

Can you please explain what you mean by:
    ‘It disappear both in the Gallery Field metabox and in the “Media modal window” view!’ – what is ‘it’?

Do you have any other fields on the page which are saving to the same field name as your gallery field’s?

perhaps you could try renaming your gallery field to something unique to test this?

Are any other ACF fields saving correctly?

Thanks
    E

• For “media modal window” I mean the default modal-box that WordPress show when a user have to upload a image or a file in a post. The same that the Gallery Field show when I click the “upload image” blue button.

If I select a pre-existing image in Media the gallery works and display them right in the admin and in the front-end.
    If i upload a new image, it is correctly uploaded and show in the gallery-field box BUT when I save the post or when i update the post… the last uploaded image disappear and the pre-existing images remain correctly in the gallery.

I see that the new image is correctly uploaded in the website, i can see it in the Media section.

The field have unique name, and it work for long time until now.
    Other ACF for the same post-type works great.

The unique major change I made in the website is enable WPML.

Any ideas?

• Hi @Boniz

Just to confirm, when you say:
    I save the post or when i update the post… the last uploaded image disappear and the pre-existing images remain correctly in the gallery.

you are talking about the back and front end of the website, correct?

If this issue started with the introduction of WPML, can you test by disabling this plugin?

Thanks
    E

• Same problem here.

When I add pictures to gallery ACF its looks good, than i click save button and all pictures disapper (but they are in upload folder)

• Problem fixed.
    The bug si about WPML and not ACF.

– Go to Media > Library
    – Open any media item
    – Scroll to the bottom of the page, select “Make Media translatable” option, and then click in the “Apply” button
    – Now uncheck the “Make Media translatable” option and then click in the “Apply” button again.

The solution here:
    http://wpml.org/forums/topic/images-disappear-from-media-library-upon-activation-of-media-translation/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gallery's images disapper after post update’ is closed to new replies.