Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Function Update Field Value for all Custom Post Types

Solving

Function Update Field Value for all Custom Post Types

• Hi,

I am looking for a function to update a boolean field “fl_flag” to “True” for all posts in my custom post type “events”.

I couldn’t find an effective solution anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    Andrew

• The following code can be placed at the bottom of your functions.php document. It will loop through all your posts within that post type and set fl_flag to 1/true. You can delete it after viewing any page once. If the field fl_flag does not exist in the post it will create the field.

$args=array(
    	'posts_per_page' => -1,
    	'post_type' => 'events'
    );
    $the_query = new WP_Query( $args );
    if ( $the_query->have_posts() ) :
    	while ( $the_query->have_posts() ) : $the_query->the_post();
    		update_field('fl_flag', '1', get_the_ID());
    	endwhile;
    endif;

• ok thank you, will give this a try, although I need to figure out how to run this code once per day… Would it bog down my site too much you think?

many thanks again,
    Andrew

• Speed depends completely on the number of posts and speed of your server. As for scheduling you can look at the following link for a WordPress Scheduled Event. You can set this so it runs the first time someone visits the site each day. The other option would be to create a cron job but I will let you look that up if you need it.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_schedule_event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Function Update Field Value for all Custom Post Types’ is closed to new replies.