Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Function.php – Cant get repeater to work.

Solved

Function.php – Cant get repeater to work.

• Hi everyone,

My Advanced custom fields works absolutely fine, but I cannot get the repeater add-on to work.

I’m using:
    ACF v4.2.2
    Repeater v1.1
    Wordpress v3.6.1
    On a local WAMP development server.

Inside my wordpress functions.php file the following line of code is throwing an error – It’s the default code that comes with the download but I’m assuming it should just by default access the plugins dir in wordpress?

include_once('acf-repeater/repeater.php');

The error I’m getting is : Warning: include_once(): Failed opening ‘acf-repeater/acf-repeater.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.;C:\php\pear’) in F:\Dropbox\Work\Wordpress\wp-content\themes\allancrabtree\functions.php on line 38.

My understand of it is that ACF is not finding the plugin file repeater.php.

I’ve checked the directory and the file is there, at /wp-content/plugins/acf-repeater/repeater.php location.

Ive tried using the WP_PLUGIN_URL(); plugin_dir_path(); and loads more but I can’t get it to work 🙁 Please help

• Hi @allan.crabtree

The error is quite clear. You are attempting to include a file which does not exist.

Have you used the repeater field before?
    Are you using it as a normal WP plugin (wp-plugins folder)
    or are you including the files within your theme?

Thanks
    E

• I solved it. I didn’t need to include the code in the functions.php file because I was installing it as a plugin, not the other way. Ahhh i was tired last night and made a silly mistake mis-reading the installation method. Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Function.php – Cant get repeater to work.’ is closed to new replies.