Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Front-end/live editing via WordPress 4.7 customizer

Solving

Front-end/live editing via WordPress 4.7 customizer

• So front-end editing of AFC fields has always been a bit of a pipe dream for me. There’s a few helpful plugins our there but nothing that I’d be comfortable deploying to a client site at the moment.

As of WordPress 4.7, there’s going to be some “live” editing available via the Customizer interface: https://wptavern.com/visible-edit-shortcuts-in-wordpress-4-7-makes-customizing-sites-easier. I for one would love to see if it’s possible to leverage this to edit AFC fields.

Any thoughts?

• Hi @nathobson,

This will be a neat feature, I can’t wait to try this out 🙂

If you would like to see the same in ACF, please open a new support ticket with some details of this feature request via [email protected]. This will get to Elliot faster.

• Sure thing. I’d totally understand if this wasn’t a priority but I do think it would “level-up” the editing experience, especially for those of us who hand over sites to clients for day-to-day editing. I also like the idea of as much parity as possible between the direction of WordPress core and AFC.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Front-end/live editing via WordPress 4.7 customizer’ is closed to new replies.