Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Front-end UI change for repeaters

Helping

Front-end UI change for repeaters

• I work on a lot of projects that utilize ACF’s front-end form functionality to both create and update posts. A common complaint I hear from end users is that, when I use a repeater field, they can’t immediately figure out how to remove a row if needed, which can stop them from completing the form if I make that field require and they leave it empty without knowing how to actually get rid of it.

So, my suggestion would be to somehow help non-developer-type users (who may not instinctively know to hover over a row and look for an obscure “-” symbol) navigate that field a bit better. Maybe when used in an acf_form context, those +/- icons always display, even when not hovered? Or perhaps there’s an option for this on the back-end? Anything that would make it easier for them to figure out how to remove the row, I’m not sure what the exact solution would be, maybe others can chime in.

Thanks for listening!

• Hi @arcanepsyche

You can always add your own CSS code to show the buttons. Maybe something like this:

.acf-row-handle .acf-icon {visibility:initial !important;opacity:1 !important;}

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me again 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Front-end UI change for repeaters’ is closed to new replies.