Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Front end form not saving data

Solving

Front end form not saving data

• I have this simple form in my front end and a custom post type in backend.

I just want the form to post as a draft in backend with title + custom field “message” with the key “field_5e3a9e24168df”

<?php

defined('ABSPATH') || exit;
    acf_form_head();

$fields = array(
        'field_5e3a9e24168df', // message
    );

acf_register_form(array(
        'id' => 'new-message',
        'post_id' => 'new_post',
        'new_post' => array(
            'post_type' => 'bible_dor',
            'post_status' => 'draft',
            'post_title' => $_POST['acf']['_post_title'],
            'field_5e3a9e24168df' => $_POST['acf']['field_5e3a9e24168df']
        ),
        'post_title' => true,
        'fields' => $fields,
        'post_content' => false,
        'return' => home_url('bibliographie'),
        'submit_value' => __("Laisser un message", 'jcd'),
        'updated_message' => __("Message enregistré", 'jcd'),
    ));

// Load the form
    acf_form('new-message');
    ?>

My form is showing, with correct fields etc but when i save, nothing is saved in backend, any idea?

• Hi, is the acf_form_head() function called before any HTML output? As explained in the docs, the acf_form_head() function is used to process, validate and save the submitted form data created by the acf_form() function. It will also enqueue all ACF related scripts and styles for the form to display correctly.

This function must be placed before any HTML has been output, preferably above the get_header() function of your theme file.

M

• Yes it was there, finally decided to do it differently having only <?php acf_form(‘new-message’); ?> in my template and the acf_register_form() in functions.php using hook add_action(‘acf/init’, ‘my_acf_init’);

Seem that having the acf_register_form() directly in the template doesn’t work anymore in last acf version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.