Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Front end form not saving data when initially hidden

Solving

Front end form not saving data when initially hidden

• I’m using the frontend form functionality and having trouble with updating the fields if the form is initially set to display:none. I have a small edit icon that when clicked will set the front end form to display:block. If I amend any data in the fields then click update the field just doesn’t save anything.

Is there a way around this? It’s as if some functionality isn’t firing if the form is initially hidden.

It’s definitely the fact that the form is hidden because if I don’t hide it within a div, it saves data fine.

• HI @robteamworks

It would really help if you could share a snippet of some of the code that you have for this form so that I can take a look.

• First: I am not familiar with acf_form(), but let´s go trough it.

Is this problem also present in other browsers?

IMHO it is related to a “bug” in jquery using .val() on fields which are hidden on page load.

One workaround is to use $('#myInput').attr('value', value); instead, but am I right with the assumption, that the JS comes from acf :D.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Front end form not saving data when initially hidden’ is closed to new replies.