Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Front-end form doesnt populate 'value' field anymore

Solved

Front-end form doesnt populate 'value' field anymore

• I am using ACF to allow logged-in users to use a front-end version of the back-end form.

The ‘value’ fields used to load on the front end just fine but now they do not as of Jan 18, 2016.

I’m using acf load_value to modify the value into a dynamic value, but the code cannot even reach the default value to begin with anymore.

I can still see the value in my back-end forms just not my front-end.

Was something changed recently?

Here is my current modification code:

function my_acf_load_value_title( $value, $post_id, $field ) {
        if ( $value = 'Default title' ) {

$value = 'test';

}

return $value;

}

add_filter( 'acf/load_value/key=field_xxx', 'my_acf_load_value_title', 10, 3 ); 

I am using this within my post_form code to modify the value on the page when it loads and then the form submits the field ‘readonly’ with the value I set for the user.

Any ideas?

• Still not sure why the values aren’t loading but I solved the issue.

I was also, in conjunction with the code snippet above using the following ‘prepare_field’ hooks:

function my_acf_prepare( $field ) {

/* this was added to fix above */
        $field['value'] = htmlspecialchars($_GET["xxx"]);

/* this was always here */
        $field['readonly'] = true;

return $field;

}

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/name=zzz', 'my_acf_prepare');

I just added a ‘value’ $field object into the prepare field code above that just assigns a value to the field during the prepare_field action instead of using ‘load_value’ from above in cojunction with the ‘prepare_field’ hook.

Hope this helps someone else.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Front-end form doesnt populate 'value' field anymore’ is closed to new replies.