Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Front-end acf_form() no CPT title

Solving

Front-end acf_form() no CPT title

• My front-end forms render, submit and create new CPT’s just like I want them to. However, the newly created CPT does not have a title.

When I try to call the new created CPT from different CPT using the Post Object or Relationship fields, the CPTs are listed but only itemized as “untitled.”

I am using this code in my functions file to create the_title using get_the_author(). On the back-end this successfully displays the CPT title as the post author. But the “the_title” cannot be called from the front-end and shows only as “untitled” in Post Object / Relationship fields.

function agsm_custom_admin_titles( $title, $post_id ) {

global $post;

$output = $title;

if( isset($post->post_type) ):
                    switch( $post->post_type ) {
                            case 'student_profile':
    			$studentid = get_field('student_willamette_u_id', $post_id );
    		        $output = $studentid;
    	                break;
    			}
    			case 'internship':
    			$internid = get_the_author();
    			$output = $internid;
    			break;
                            }
    			case 'evaluation':
    			$evalid = get_the_author();
    			$output = $evalid;
    			break;
    			}
                   endif;

return $output;
                           }

Any ideas out there on what I’m missing here?

• When calling acf_form() you can set the “post_title” setting to true. This will add a field for adding the post title https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_form/

If you want this field to be dynamically generated then you need to add an acf/save_post action that updates the post with your desired title. https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/using-acf_form-add-post-title/

• Haven’t tried this solution yet but wanted to let you know I received the info and after a quick look I think this will be the key. It looks right to me. Will give it a try later today to confirm. Thank you for your fast and clear response. Much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.