Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Forms no longer working

Solved

Forms no longer working

• Hi there,

I am in the middle of working on a solution for a customer – and I have had a few issues along the way with the ACF front end form.

I have been trying various things, but now it seems as if the return value (for the redirect) is *stuck*. I have changed it to another value but it still directs to the old value.

Is the return value saved somewhere?

There is no cache plugin, and I have cleared my local cache, flushed DNS etc.

Also, the form fields were saved to a new post – worked flawlessly. This no longer works since I updated to the latest version of ACF Pro.

• It doesn’t seem like the redirect value is cached. Looking at the code you can see that it simply uses wp_redirect() with a default status of 302:

/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/forms/form-front.php
    acf_form_front::submit_form() LN 451

// redirect
    if( $return ) {

// update %placeholders%
    	$return = str_replace('%post_id%', $post_id, $return);
    	$return = str_replace('%post_url%', get_permalink($post_id), $return);

// redirect
    	wp_redirect( $return );
    	exit;

}

Whatever is caching the redirect it doesn’t seem like it would be Advanced Custom Fields. Could it be another plugin or theme function interfering?

• Thanks for the reply!

I’ve actually got it sorted – it was my mistake all along.

I had a line break before the acf_form_header() (so the redirect didn’t work – but it saved etc. as usual).

Then in order to fix the redirect issue, I set up my own redirect (which needed an exit below it!) by hooking up acf/sav_post which then obviously would redirect but exit before actually saving. I obviously then forgot that I added this bit of code!

tldr: Silly mistake by me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Forms no longer working’ is closed to new replies.