Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) font awesome with the render field

Helping

font awesome with the render field

• How can I use the repeater, Url field and font awesome to render any icon from the font awesome list when I add their social media link.

Here a could from an old project that I did last year. Right, the that him going to show you that every time someone has to add new social media font awesome code intro code file.

I want the user to automatically when every they added their social link it just adds the icon without going into the code.

<?php if( have_rows('setting_api_header', 'option') ): ?>  
    	<div class="social-media" id="scroll-btn">  
    	       <?php while( have_rows('setting_api_header', 'option') ): the_row(); ?>    
    	          <?php $twitter_url = get_sub_field('twitter' , 'option');
    	            if( $twitter_url ): 
    	            echo '<a target="_blank" href="'.$twitter_url.'"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a>';
    	          endif; 
    	          ?>

<?php $linkedin_url = get_sub_field('linkedin' , 'option');
    	            if( $linkedin_url ): 
    	            echo '<a target="_blank" href="'.$linkedin_url.'"><i class="fa fa-linkedin"></i></a>';
    	          endif; 
    	          ?>

<?php $youtube_url = get_sub_field('youtube' , 'option');
    	            if( $youtube_url ): 
    	            echo '<a target="_blank" href="'.$youtube_url.'"><i class="fa fa-youtube"></i></a>';
    	          endif; 
    	          ?>

<?php $instagram_url = get_sub_field('instagram' , 'option');
    	            if( $instagram_url ): 
    	            echo '<a target="_blank" href="'.$instagram_url.'"><i class="fa fa-instagram"></i></a>';
    	          endif; 
    	          ?>

<?php $twitch_url = get_sub_field('twitch' , 'option');
    	            if( $twitch_url ): 
    	            echo '<a target="_blank" href="'.$twitch_url.'"><i class="fa fa-twitch"></i></a>';
    	          endif; 
    	          ?>
    	       <?php endwhile; ?>
    	       </div>
    	       <?php endif; ?> 
  • Since you have a different sub field for each social site, then you can’t. You’ve basically got to create a new field for every one and then add the code.

You should use a repeater field, let them add the name of the site like “YouTube” let them add the link and then let them add the icon they want to use with something like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-font-awesome/.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘font awesome with the render field’ is closed to new replies.