Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Flexible Field – does not display changes

Solved

Flexible Field – does not display changes

• My loop displays all content as entered.

However, if I go back to the admin panel and delete one of the layout fields, as any user might do, update the page and view it again, the field is still displayed on the page.

The only way I managed to apply changes was if I deleted all content on the page and started all over again.

my loop is as follows:

if( have_rows('my_flexible_content') ):  
    while ( have_rows('my_flexible_content') ) : the_row();
    if( get_row_layout() == 'one_column' ):
    if( get_sub_field('quote') ):
    the_sub_field('quote_title'); 

endwhile;		
    endif; 

if( get_sub_field('accordion') ):
    the_sub_field('acc_title');

endwhile;
    endif;
    endif;
    endwhile;
    else :

// no layouts found

endif;
  • Also, when I go back to the admin panel and try to re-order the fields, the field that was dragged gets duplicated and is being displayed in both his old and new spot.

• Hi @msoulam

if the data in the backend is shoing correctly, then the values are loading correctly. The issue you are having is most likely die to caching.

Does your server use a persistent cache or do you use a cache plugin?

• Thanks Elliot,

I am currently using MAMP and it’s very likely it is caching everything.

I thus moved the theme to my server. I also copied the plugin to the plugin directory and activated it.

However, the menus that I created do not appear in the new theme. How do I go about “importing” them so that I can see if indeed this is a cache issue?

I don’t want to export the PHP and include it in Functions.php because they are far from ready and need many more changes.

Thanks,

M-

• Hi @msoulam

Please use the export to XML feature, and then import them via the WP import tool.

Thanks
    E

• Hi again,

It turned out to be a problem with the loop and not a cache problem (problem consisted after I was working live)

Thanks!

MS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Field – does not display changes’ is closed to new replies.