Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Flexible content start with a row, not have to click Add Row

Solving

Flexible content start with a row, not have to click Add Row

• Hi,

I’m looking for a way to have a flexible content field start with a row when the user creates a post rather than the user having to click “Add row”. Is this possible?

I want to have conditional logic in my form hence flex content, but only want one row and don’t want the user to be forced click add when there will always be one.

Thanks

• @jtotheroc, I believe if you set the minimum number of allowed rows to 1, it will start the user off with that. I use this feature quite a bit and that’s how I got around it.

• i tried this myself on the FCF and it wouldnt create the initial group of empty fields. This works with the repeater field. So when i need a group of fields i’m usually using that.

• @emaildano @robbiegod Thanks for your replies. I was only using flexible content fields because I thought they were the only fields with conditional logic but obviously all other fields have this too so just used a static set of regular fields in the end!

• @emaildano Also, I don’t think it does start with 1 whan min set to one as I tried that first. Cheers

• @jtotheroc how should ACF know which Layout it should start with?
    flexible content isn’t like Repeater where you have always the same fields.
    and if you use just 1 Layout, why you use flexible field and not a repeater?
    there the min-row count row are visible (if you set min row to 3, repeater start with 3 rows)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Flexible content start with a row, not have to click Add Row’ is closed to new replies.