Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Flexible Content slowness; saving before load finishes causes content to be lost

Solving

Flexible Content slowness; saving before load finishes causes content to be lost

• Hi,

we’re having an issue with the Flexible Content field is acting very sluggish. With only 11 flexible content blocks added to a page it will take a minute to load, even more.

Looks like others have similar issues http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/js-performance-issues

Any hints on where to look to fix these performance issues would be appreciated.

However, our main issue is this:

If the client updates something at the top of the page (ie. an image or the title) and then hits Update before ACF has finished loading all repeater blocks, anything not loaded yet will be cleared from the page.

So, saving before ACF has loaded will delete content from posts.

Is it possible to disable the save button while ACF is loading?

• Hi,

I looked into this a bit more and I think I found the culprit. The flexible content blocks have a Link dropdown, and the sheer number of pages on this website makes this list huge. On the page I mentioned above, 4.1Mb is transferred, most of this is content relating to the link field.

I understand this has been fixed in ACF5(?) so I’ll try upgrading and see what happens.

• Hi @bjornbjorn,

Thanks for the post.

Yes the performance of this field has been fixed on the Pro version. This version makes use of AJAX powered search to speed up page loading.

I hope this info helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Content slowness; saving before load finishes causes content to be lost’ is closed to new replies.