Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Flexible Content › Repeater Field › Flexible Content Bug

Solved

Flexible Content › Repeater Field › Flexible Content Bug

• Hi,

i got the following structure.

Flexible Content (Name: content)
    — Layout (Name: multi_column)
    — — * ( here the empty layout 2 field gets saved )
    — — Repeater Field (Name: columns)
    — — — Flexible Content (Name: column_content)
    — — — — Layout 1
    — — — — Layout 2 * (<– Bug)

After i add Layout 2 and save, the field saves as an empty layout after the Layout (Name: multi_column). Is this is a known bug or can you reproduce it?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

• Hi @Michael1981

I don’t quite understand what you mean by: “After i add Layout 2 and save, the field saves as an empty layout after the Layout (Name: multi_column).”

Can you please elaborate more on the issue with very precise naming?

Thanks
    E

• hi elliot 🙂

I screenshotted it. After i create a layout field (the one with the red outline) and hit save, the field is empty after the update and is ordered in the wrong flexible content field. (not the one it was created in).

Hope its clearer now. 🙂

ps: plese view at 100%.

Thanks for the help elliot. 🙂

Screenshot

• Hi @Michael1981

Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, there is definitely a corrupted layout within the flexible content field.

Your first screen shows the layout ‘images’ is within a flexible content within a repeater field within another flexible content field.

Your second screen shows a corrupt layout in the most parent flexible content. This is a different location to where it was created. If you open up the repeater -> flexible content where it was first added, does it exist there?

It is possible that ACF simply can’t handle this level of depth as all the origional flexible content data is saved as 1 serialized array.

In the future (v5), each field is saved separately and should allow you to have such a complicated field group.

It is also possible that your server or WP is not allowing so much data to be saved into the DB in one go. Perhaps the save process is terminating early? Can you try this field group on a local instal to remove the server variables?

Thanks
    E
    Thanks
    E

• Hi elliot,

thanks a lot for your help. 🙂

At the moment i deleted the first Layout of the Flexible Content (first level) and added a fresh new one at the end of the first Flexible Content Field and now it works great. Maybe something got wrong as i duplicated some old layout and moved it to the top of the first level flexible content field and then extend it with the repeater and flexible content in the repeater.

ps: Looking forward to v5. 🙂 Any dates yet? Would be interesting since iam almost done with my first theme but if its not that far away i would wait.

Thanks again,
    Michael

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Content › Repeater Field › Flexible Content Bug’ is closed to new replies.