Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Flexible Content – Map – functions.php

Solved

Flexible Content – Map – functions.php

• Hey there,

I’m trying to set up a function in my theme that is supposed to load the dependencies for the Google Maps field only, if this field is used on a page.
    This works fine for the following field setup on a page:

Locations (Repeater)

• City (Text)
    • Map (Google Map)
    • Address information (WYSIWYG)
    • Backgroundimage (Image)

The code I use in the functions.php is as follows:

function acfgmaps_scripts() {
        if(!empty(have_rows('locations',$post_id))){
    			$apiKey='xxx';
    				wp_enqueue_script('googleMapsAPI', 'https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key='.$apiKey, array('jquery'), '1.0', true);
    				wp_enqueue_script('maps-helper', get_template_directory_uri() . '/inc/google-maps-helper.js', array('jquery'), '1.0', true);
        }
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'acfgmaps_scripts' );

Now my problem is, that I want to use the Flexible Content field to produce most of the content. And I don’t get this function to work as soon as the repeater field is inside the Flexible Content field. Is it related to the fact, that the fields are inside the “(get_)row_layout”? Any hints how to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Yes, Once you are already inside a loop on a repeater (a flex field is also a repeater) you no longer need to supply a post ID.

if (have_rows('flex-field-name', $post_id)) {
      while (have_rows('flex-field-name', $post_id)) {
        the_row();
        // you no longer need to provide the post ID
        // nested repeater
        if (have_rows('locations')) {
          while (have_rows('locations')) {
            the_row();
            // etc....
          }
        }
      }
    }

• Great! I totally forgot about that because I was working on the templates in the last couple of days.

Thanks so much! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.