Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Flexible Content Field unable to Save

Flexible Content Field unable to Save

• Hi!

I am using the Flexible Content Field to create sort of a page builder. The user selects a desired component and then fills out the appropriate fields to create a layout of their choice.

To do this involves creating many different layouts each with many different fields, including repeater fields, a custom website field found on github (https://github.com/Jeradin/acf-website-field) and several fields that require conditional logic checks.

The issues that I’m running into (and it seems like it MIGHT have something to do with the actual size of the flexible content field) is that after a certain point, I can’t add anymore layouts and the data starts to become truncated. This is extremely frustrating and has caused a big delay in a project that uses the flexible content field.

Based on how this is reacting, the only thing I can think of is that since there are soooo many sub fields and layouts that something is causing this to not save the right way and the data get truncated.

Additionally when trying to save, this will reset the Button Label to Add Row instead of whatever is set.

I’ve attached some field group exports that I’ve created while debugging this project in hopes that someone might be able to identify what could potentially be wrong.

Lastly, the exports DO NOT successfully import into WordPress and simply create a blank text field instead of a flexible content field with many layouts / sub fields.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi @chriscarvache

Thanks for the attachment.

Yes, the issue is definitely related to the size of the flexible content field.
    The current ACF data architecture does not allow for such massive field sizes, so I am unable to help fix this issue in ACF4.

In ACF5, this will no longer be an issue, as each sub field is saved as a unique entry to the DB. This will prevent the flexible content field from becoming so big that it can’t save.

Sorry to not provide a solution as yet, but please wait for v5 to use a flexible content field at this size.

perhaps a temporary solution is to increase your server’s max_vars setting + PHP memory – http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/faq/limit-number-fields/

Thanks
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Content Field unable to Save’ is closed to new replies.