Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Flexible Content Field large number of layouts and fields

Solved

Flexible Content Field large number of layouts and fields

• Hi all,

I’ve been using the ACF plugin for years now and it’s saved me hundreds of hours in development building complex websites. I never ran into any problems and am quite confident I will not do so in the nearby future.

I am currently working on a large client website that requires the use of the Flexible Content Field with a lot more layouts and fields than I’m used to integrate which is usually around 6 layouts with roughly 40-50 fields in total.

Right now I have successfully integrated 12 different layouts containing 129 fields in total. The fields are all of the “simple” type like text, color picker, textarea and WYSIWYG. I have not used any nested repeaters or nested Flexible Fields. Everything is working as expected both in front- and backend.

In the end I will most likely have a total of 16 different layouts that contain about 160 fields. I was wondering if anybody else has ever used this amount or more layouts & fields without any problems in saving/ updating/ retrieving data or having to make adjustments to the hosting environment.

I’m using ACF PRO 5.2.2 in WordPress 4.1.1 and have my max_input_vars set to 4000 and the post_max_size to 8M.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with this kind of large Flexible Content Field setup.

Best regards,
    Ernst

• Hi @infobytemotion-nl

ACF has no limitation to the number of layouts that you can use within one site 🙂

Unfortunately, PHP does have a limit on the size of memory, execution time and the number variables possible.

In your case, you may consider increasing these parameters in you configuration.

Hope this helps.

• Hi James,

I was hoping this was the case and in this particular setup I already increased the amount of memory available to WordPress, increased the max number of input vars to 4000 and the post max size to 8 MB.

We have been running multiple high traffic websites now over the past 9 months without any problems so it all works out.

I’m just amazed that it took you 1 year and 7 days to respond to my question…

Best regards,
    Ernst

• Hi @infobytemotion-nl

We were working on the new support channel because the forum topics are no longer used as support tickets.

Now we’re clearing all of the remaining support requests on the forum. That’s why it looks like that we took really long time answering the questions on the forum. I’m sorry about that.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Content Field large number of layouts and fields’ is closed to new replies.