Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Flexible Content, 3.8.1, Can't Add/Delete/Duplicate/Reorder Layouts

Flexible Content, 3.8.1, Can't Add/Delete/Duplicate/Reorder Layouts

• I use Flexible Content field can’t add new layouts. I ‘m trying to create some new ones, but when I click I get nothing — I can’t reorder, delete, add new, or duplicate. I’m kind of stuck.

Not sure if it’s a 3.8.1 issue but it cropped up after I updated. I’ve tried in Chrome and Firefox.

• Hi @ewestlund

Sounds like a JS error on the page is preventing the interactive code from running. Can you please check your console log for any errors on page load or when you click on any of the buttons?

Thanks
    E

• Nothing happens on click.

This is the console on load:

Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), not all, not all, not all, only screen and (min-resolution: 192dpi), only screen and (min-resolution: 2dppx) post.php?post=28125&action=edit:1
    Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: print, not all, (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.25), (min-resolution: 120dpi) post.php?post=28125&action=edit:108
    Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined post.php?post=28125&action=edit:62
    event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

Here’s the code causing the TinyMCE error:

<script>
                    jQuery(document).ready( tinymce_excerpt );
                        function tinymce_excerpt() {
                            jQuery("#excerpt").addClass("mceEditor");
                            tinyMCE.execCommand("mceAddControl", false, "excerpt");
                            tinyMCE.onAddEditor.add(function(mgr,ed) {
                                if(ed.id=="excerpt"){
                                    ed.settings.theme_advanced_buttons2 ="";
                                    ed.settings.theme_advanced_buttons1 = "bold,italic,underline,seperator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,separator,link,unlink,seperator,pastetext,pasteword,removeformat,seperator,undo,redo,seperator,spellchecker,";
                                }
                            });
                        }
            </script>

I disabled all plugins except ACF and its add-ons to see if that would fix the error, but it did not. Any ideas?

• Hi @ewestlund

It is most likely that the JS above is from your theme. Can you change to the default theme and test again?

Thanks
    E

• I’m having same issue, this message is under code inspector box:

Message: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method ‘dialog’

File: http://piscomistral.noise.cl/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/js/post-edit.js?ver=3.1.3:104

At least on editing a custom field group.
    Adding a new one I’m having the same issue in which I can’t add new layouts too.

EDIT: Sorry, seems this particular error is caused by WPML plugin, not sure if cause ACF Felxible Content addon error.

• Hi @noisemedia

Yes, this is definitely a WPML error. ACF does not provide support for this plugin, please contact the WPML devs.

Cheers
    E

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Content, 3.8.1, Can't Add/Delete/Duplicate/Reorder Layouts’ is closed to new replies.