Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Fix key/value pair of Choice > Select

Solving

Fix key/value pair of Choice > Select

• Hi there,

I have a multi select box where currently entries are like key:value and get printed out on an article page as one string. I want to change them to key : value which would be printed as value on the article pages.
    What would have to change in the DB in order to keep the selections?
    Currently my xy_postmeta > meta_value(s) look like a:2:{i:0;s:11:"key1:value1";i:1;s:11:"key2:value2";} and I guess I would have to change them to a:2:{i:0;s:6:"value1";i:1;s:6:"value2";}? What else is there to be updated?

Similar to the last question on https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/changing-field-name-question/ – would that be something that could be build into the plugin? If value changes, ask if DB should be updated accordingly?

Thanks

• first, you should not make changes directly to serialized data in the database. If you get it wrong you will loose data.

Beyond that, I can’t tell exactly what it is you’re looking at in the database. Is this the field value? If it is this is how ACF is storing the value internally. I would instead look at the field in the ACF editor and alter what the field is returning there and not try to edit the database.

• Key/Value store indeed has it’s own surprises. as I bump into php redis extension, the redis servers do provides store key-value and Redis shines when you want to use data structures such as lists, sets, strings, hashes, sorted sets with range queries, geospatial indexes, hyperloglogs, bitmaps, and streams

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fix key/value pair of Choice > Select’ is closed to new replies.