Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues filters and conditions in relationship

Unread

filters and conditions in relationship

• Hi,
    I’m trying to achieve something that seems to be simple but I can’t figure out how.
    Here it is:
    I want to “link” posts seamlessly by a common field value. Let me explain :
    I have two CPTs with posts. In CPT1-post1 I want to create a bidirectionnal link to CPT2-post2 (and I know how) and CPT3-post3. But I want to filter/populate the list in the post selector’s field with certain conditions :
    – CPT2-post2 and CPT3-post3 share a field’s value (or a taxonomy value) and it’s activated by selecting CPT2-post2
    – CPT2-post2 and CPT3-post3 are not yet linked to another post of CPT1 (exclusive relationship)
    – CPT2-post2 and CPT3-post3 have a defined taxonomy value

And if you want a more concrete explanation, I want to build a system with bundles (CPT1), each bundle contains different objects (from CTP2 and CPT3 or more) that are available (not yet in a bundle) and related to the same family (aka which can be used together, aka compatible) and with a defined status. Of course I can add more than one object of CPT2 or CPT3 to a bundle.

So, do you have any idea? I’ll consider every answer even the one which require other extensions.

Thanks a lot for your interest in my question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.