Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Filtering Custom Taxonomy on Forms, retrieving additional data on Front End

Unread

Filtering Custom Taxonomy on Forms, retrieving additional data on Front End

• Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’m a little new to working with ACF at code level and can’t find a solution to my current challenge. Right now I’m working on a WP plugin that will allow site owners to make notes against simple projects via a custom post type (bl-project-log) and a custom taxonomy (bl-project). The project taxonomy basically works like standard categories and has been extended via custom fields to track start date (bl-project-start) end date (bl-project-end) and a few other bits of meta not relevant to this example. Just like categories I’m able to list the custom taxonomy on the front end and on forms, but I want to customise this a little:

1. Front end: filter out projects which don’t have an end date, order by start date, not by name. I can do this in JS and CSS, but it’s inelegant and doesn’t scale well.
    2. Back end: when creating a new bl-project-log I only want to see projects which don’t have an end date, i.e. those that are still open. Right now I see all projects in this custom taxonomy but again it doesn’t scale well since I’m reusing project names and adding dates to the name in order to differentiate them, so filtering by bl-project-end would be ideal.

Many thanks in advance for assistance – really appreciate this!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.