Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues filter relationship query – exclude if a certain category

Solved

filter relationship query – exclude if a certain category

• I have a relationship field that will show custom posts from two custom post categories, That works fine.
    I want to exclude any of these that are also a third custom post category.
    I have tried many things.
    this is the latest, It still shows on the left side the post that is marked with the third custom post category

add_filter(‘acf/fields/relationship/query/key=field_604935b6dfc02’, ‘s4f_pledgetogoal_query’, 10, 3);
    function s4f_pledgetogoal_query( $args, $field, $post_id ) {
    $args = array(‘cat’ => ‘-78’);
    return $args;

In fullness I have tried setting it as these args 76 and 77 are the categories chosen in the act field filter.

// $args[‘cat’] = array(’76, 77, -78′);
    // $args = array(‘cat’ => ’76, 77, -78′);
    I have also tried this as a post_object query but it is a relationship field with the result being a post object.

Can anyone tell me where to find out how to do this filter
    Thank you

• If I understand you want to include posts that are in 2 categories but exclude them if they are also in a third category.

I.E. Show if in category 76 but not if it is also in category 78.

I think that in order to do this you need to use a tax_query. I could be wrong but I do not think the ‘cat’ argument can be used the way you are trying to use it and I also thing that using ‘category__in’ combined with ‘category__not_in’ will work the same way. Like I said, I could be wrong but I think these arguments work as ‘OR’ (meaning category 76 OR not category 78).

$args['tax_query'] = array(
      'relation' => 'AND',
      array(
        'taxonomy' => 'category',
        'field' => 'term_id'
        'terms' => array(76, 77),
        'operator' => 'IN'
      ),
      array(
        'taxonomy' => 'category',
        'field' => 'term_id'
        'terms' => array(78),
        'operator' => 'NOT IN'
      )
    );

• That was great, Thank you very much.

For others, change the taxonomy to the cpt category if needed, and add a comma after the ‘field’ => ‘term_id’ in the array statements and of course change the category id to what you want.

T

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.