Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Filter out gallery images?

Solving

Filter out gallery images?

• Hey there!

Have a case scenario where I need two sets of images. Existing site has 280+ posts that display galleries based on image post attachments. Those images are watermarked, but for third party sites we need to use a non-watermarked version of the image. My first thought was to add an ACF gallery to separately upload the new set of watermark-free for use only on these external sites. But of course, the new images in the ACF gallery are also image attachment, so show up along with the watermarked images in the basic site gallery.

I’ve poked around looking for different ways to approach this, also for ways to filter out the ACF gallery field from the other image attachments – can’t quite wrap my brain around it. Hoping someone here might know of a way, that doesn’t include redoing all of the existing images 🙂

Many thanks in advance,
    -jennyb

• If your still looking for help with this. When you say basic site gallery, do you mean a gallery created with the standard WP gallery shortcode? It would probably help if I had more information on how each type of gallery is being shown.

• Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did actually get this worked out. And no, neither use of the images was via short code. The gallery images are being used for an XML feed (no watermark), while the basic attached images are displayed on a single post page via a custom loop (with watermark).

I figured out that all I needed to do was loop through my gallery images, then exclude them from my main attachments loop. Voilà!

Cheers,
    -jennyb

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Filter out gallery images?’ is closed to new replies.