Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Filter display by ACF fields

Solving

Filter display by ACF fields

• Hi,

On one page on my site, I display the marital situation of my users thanks to a ‘situation’ ACF field added to each ‘user’.

For example, on on page, I used that code to get and display the situation on each user page :
    $cellValue = trim(esc_html($userData->situation));

2 possible values for this field are : M or F.

My need :

I’d need to filter the display of an editorial page according to the situation of the current logged in user.

To do that, I just want to add a condition in an existing PHP condition string :
    “IF ‘condition A’ && ‘condition B’ && ‘condition C’ are met…”, where ‘condition C’ is the one related to ‘situation’ field.

Could you share me please a synthax example, if, let’s say, I need to filter by value F situation ? I mean : “&& ‘situation’ of the current logged in user is equal to ‘F'”

I guess there’s no need to add any function or action/hook.

Huge thanks for your help,
    Law

• What exactly are you fitering? Posts? Other users?

Your question is not clear, need more detail.

• Hi,

Sorry for being not clear enough.

I wish to filter posts, and more generally content, according to criteria of the current logged in user :
    If he has *this situation*, he can see *this*…

My question is restricted to the criteria situation (which is an ACF added for each user, filled in at user subscription) :
    If the value of the situation is F, so the current logged in user can see this…

And in my code, I just need the synthax to add this criteria “situation = F for the current logged in user” (starting with &&...)

How could I do ?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,
    Law

• Hi, does my precisions help to see question ?
    Best regards,
    Law

• You need to use a pre_get_posts filter and set a meta_query based on the value of the field for the logged in user.

• Hello John,
    Thank you so much, I will try this.
    Law

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.