Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) fieldtype: link does not exist in dropdown

Solving

fieldtype: link does not exist in dropdown

• hi guys,

i cant choose link as fieldtype for one of my fields. it dosent show in the dropdown (see image). Sorry for the swedish language on the image.

any ideas why i cant choose link?

• Hi @csk87

I took a look in the translation file..

It seems the translator translated both “Link” and “Page Link” to “Sidlänk”

You could see/correct this on line 1963 of: /wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/lang/acf-sv_SE.po

However, your changes could be overwritten later.

Here is some info on making the translations official.

Hope this helps! Please mark as resolved if so, otherwise let me know if I can dig in further and I will be happy to help.

• hi @keithlock , ah so because of the translation error the “link” option dosent exist?
    well i dont think i have the knowledge to edit the .po file so that the option will apear. Should i just use English language instead and the option will apear or do you think u can help me with the needed lines of code? i dont have the pro version yet tho (FYI)..

• @csk87

Well… my theory was incorrect. Because… with ACF Pro… when switching to Swedish, I was still able to see “Link” – it just wasn’t translated.

With ACF versions prior to 5.6.0, the “Link” field type doesn’t exist. I apologize for pointing you down the wrong path.

I have never actually used the Link Field until just now in my testing, but I could see how it would be handy.

There are 2 return types for the Link field… an Array (giving you URL, Title, and Target), and simply a URL.

While not ideal… you could use a Text field if just going after the URL.

If wanting all of the data, you could have 3 fields. 2 text fields and a checkbox.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I could be of further help.

EDIT: I just Googled it, and there are Link/URL field add-ons for ACF in the WordPress plugin repository. I can’t account for any of them though, because I never used them. Best of luck with your project!

• Hi guys,

Elliot here – ACF dev.
    Please note that the link field was added in ACF v5.6.0

@csk87
    if you are using the free version of ACF (v4.x.x), this field type will not exist. Please consider trying ACF v5 in early access: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/beta-test-version-5/ or upgrade to ACF PRO: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/pro/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘fieldtype: link does not exist in dropdown’ is closed to new replies.