Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Fields not showing in select post taxonomy

Solving

Fields not showing in select post taxonomy

• I was trying to display few fields under a specific taxonomy but for some reason the condition logic doesn’t work.

My logic is ‘Show this field group if’

Post taxonomy is equal to ‘Test’.

So when I go to edit ‘Test’ category the fields are not showing.

Not sure what wrong I am doing.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• What you have selected will show the fields on the edit post screen when you select the “Test” category for the post.

If you want the fields to appear on the category edtit screen then you need to use.

Show this field group if “Taxonomy Term” “is equal to” “category”

This will show the field on all category edit screens. If you want to only show the field on a single category you would need to create a custom location rule. What you want is not built into ACF. For more information on custom location rules see http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/custom-location-rules/

• I did exactly what you said but when I saw that there is an option called ‘ Post taxonomy’ then I chose that option which gives me list of categories. But still on that particular category the fields are not showing.

I am using latest acf version.

• I did exactly what you said but when I saw that there is an option called ‘ Post taxonomy’ then I chose that option which gives me list of categories. But still on that particular category the fields are not showing.

I am using latest acf version.

• Maybe I’m misunderstanding. I’m going to need some more information then. What page do you want these fields to show up on?

edit-tags.php
    post.php
    some other?

Screen shots may be helpful as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fields not showing in select post taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.