Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Fields not saving data

Solved

Fields not saving data

• Hi,

I have strange issue, when page is saved, data from fields are not saved.
    There are 2 plain text input fields attached to post type = page.

WP 3.8
    Plugin is included in theme as ACF LITE, and post meta is included with PHP.

On my local machine i create all fields with visual editor and then export them as PHP and then I include that file on production.
    Not on my localhost and on production is not working.

I don’t get any errors.
    Any advice pls?

Thanks in advanced

BR
    Vlado

• Hi @bobz

Can you try using ACF as a normal plugin, and removing it from your theme? Does this fix the issue?

Does the issue occur on your local version? I’m a bit confused about your statement regarding the local / live.

If you create a new field for the ‘page’ with a unique field_name, does it save correctly?

What do you mean by ‘and post meta is included with PHP.’

Thanks
    E

• Hi E,

Thanks for reply, and happy new year.

– Can you try using ACF as a normal plugin, and removing it from your theme? Does this fix the issue?
    V: No. Problem occurs only on certain pages, on 4 from 20 pages I cannot save fields.

– Does the issue occur on your local version? I’m a bit confused about your statement regarding the local / live.
    V: Yeah, on my localhost is clean WP installation and it happens there to.
    local: localhost, live: production.

– If you create a new field for the ‘page’ with a unique field_name, does it save correctly?
    V: I did that to, but not working either.

– What do you mean by ‘and post meta is included with PHP.’
    V: Plugin is included in theme, and what I do is I export field groups in PHP and then include them in functions.php.
    That way I can create all field groups on localhost and I don’t have to do everything again on production.

Strange thing is that this only happens on certain pages, on some of them it’s working fine. I don’t know what to think.
    Will try to delete all post meta trough phpmyadmin.

BR
    Vlado

• Hi,

I have emptied postmeta table entirely and now it works.
    Cannot do that on production site 😛
    Any advice what might be issue here?

BR
    Vlado

• Hi @bobz

How bug was your postmeta table? Perhaps it was simply too big to save any more data on your server?

Thanks
    E

• Well I don’t know.
    I had feeling that it stopped working after I imported data from production server to my localhost (wordpress export/import).

Cannot be to big on my localhost, it should work.
    Strange issue.

I will try to re-create everything.

BR
    V

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @bobz

Thanks for the login info. I wonder if the issue is due to the fields being included by PHP. Maybe during the save process, the field’s arn’t being loaded?

Can you turn off LITE_MODE and create a field via the UI as per normal. Now that the field exists in the DB, can you try saving a value again? Does it work now?

Thanks
    E

• Hi,

I have manually delete all postmeta created by ACF.
    Looks like I have 2 fields with same name under, I had
    1. ‘address’ under options page
    2. ‘address’ under page with title ‘Contact’

Could this be the issue?

BR
    Vlado

• Hi @bobz

I don’t believe this is an issue because these 2 fields save data into 2 separate tables:
    1. wp_options
    2. wp_postmeta

Is ACF working correctly for you now after you have deleted data?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

Yeah, I taught so.
    Anyway deleting solved my problem, really strange error, good thing it’s fixed.
    Thanks for your time.

BR
    Vlado

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fields not saving data’ is closed to new replies.