Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Fields not appearing on custom taxonomy edit page

Solved

Fields not appearing on custom taxonomy edit page

• I have a custom field group that is applied to a custom taxonomy. In the admin area, when I look at the taxonomy index page the fields appear in the quick create form on the left hand (so they are definitely applied correctly) side but when I edit an existing taxonomy item the fields don’t appear in the form.

I have two development versions of the site and this issue is only appearing in one of them, however I can’t find the difference between the two and due to things outside of my control, I can’t just duplicate the working copy.

Does anybody have any ideas?

• Check for PHP or JS errors on the site where it’s not working. Errors will interfere with the AJAX request that’s made to get the active field groups for a page.

• No JS or PHP errors. But there are also no AJAX requests being made.

On the working version there are three calls to admin-ajax.php with an action of “acf/fields/relationship/query”. The ACF fields are in the main HTML – not loaded via AJAX.

• Is the site that’s not working using a different version of WP, have you updated it to 4.5?

• Both on 4.5. I just realised that the ACF version was slightly different though. 5.3.6.1 was working but for some reason the other installation was stuck on 5.0 which was not. I’ve updated both to 5.3.7 and everything now works! Not sure why that happened or why it wasn’t working on 5.0 but the important thing is it works now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• WP 4.5 includes changes to the way the term edit page works to be more consistent with the other admin pages. More than likely this change is included in the newest version of ACF and was not in the older version yet.

• Ah that makes sense. Thanks again for the help.

• I had the same problem, so just adding this here in case it helps someone else:

I realized I’d used “post taxonomy” instead of “taxonomy term” in the field settings. “Post Taxonomy” puts the fields on the post page if the post been assigned to that taxonomy. “Taxonomy Term” is what puts it on the actual taxonomy editing page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fields not appearing on custom taxonomy edit page’ is closed to new replies.