Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Fields not appearing in the front end

Solved

Fields not appearing in the front end

• Hi all,

I am using Kadence Theme and I have created a new custom post type to store members’ details. I am using the free ACF version. I have created a single-members.php file and the code for it is below:

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: Members Layout
    Template Post Type: member
    */

namespace Kadence;

get_header();

if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    	exit;
    }

kadence()->print_styles( 'kadence-content' );
    /**
     * Hook for everything, makes for better elementor theming support.
     */
    do_action( 'kadence_single' );

<div class="member-meta">
    	<ul>
    		<li><strong>Company Name:</strong> <?php the_field('company_name'); ?></li>
    		<li><strong>Company Contact:</strong> <?php the_field('company_contact'); ?></li>
    		<li><strong>Trading Since:</strong> <?php the_field('started_trading'); ?></li>
    		<li><strong>Company PostCode:</strong> <?php the_field('company_postcode'); ?></li>
    		<li><strong>Landline No:</strong> <?php the_field('landline_no'); ?></li>
    		<li><strong>Mobile No:</strong> <?php the_field('mobile_no'); ?></li>
    		<li><strong>Email:</strong> <?php the_field('email'); ?></li>
    	</ul>
    </div>

get_footer();

This creates an error in the frontend when trying to see the specific custom post. The error is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘, expecting end of file in /home/…single-members.php on line 21

Line 21 is the line in the code above that starts with “<div class=”member-meta”>”.

I found the instructions on how to display the custom fields in the Code Examples page of ACF.

Considering that I’m a bit of a rookie, could anyone please pinpoint what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

• Just a quick note to say that I used the same code on a non-custom post type (the simple single.php that comes with Kadence theme) and I get the same error.

• In the case of the code provided you need to close PHP before the HTML portions and open PHP again after

?>
     <div class="member-meta">
     </div>
    <?php 

• THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, I’ve been trying to fix this thing for hours.
    Thank you again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.