Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Fields no longer updating or appearing on front end

Helping

Fields no longer updating or appearing on front end

• Hello, we have a new issue on our site I am having trouble with.

Our website is set up with a Custom Post Type (horses) which then have fields (such as pedigree, date of birth, description, gallery, etc…).

This was all working perfectly until our client went in to update and add a new horse this morning.

All existing posts (horses) are still showing up with their fields, however, when we add a new horses the page is returning empty. All the fields are showing up as expected on the back end, and we can enter the data, but when I publish and view horse the page is blank.

If I go to edit an existing horse, say to change the description, I can make the change on the back end, but after clicking “update” the new data does not display on the front end of the website. It does save on the backend – and the changes appear when editing the page, but no updates are appearing on the front end.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions for a solution? We did update our plugins this week, but I don’t understand how that would cause an issue.

Thank you for your time and any ideas you may have to offer!

• @leahahglobalnetwork-com I’ve had this same thing happen before. It ended up being a conflict with a plugin, can’t remember off the top of my head which plugin it was. I want to say it was a plugin called ACF Content Analysis for Yoast SEO, but can’t say for sure. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on either a plugin conflict or maybe even with some custom functionality in your theme.

Have you tried deactivating all plugins except ACF and see if works then? If the fields begin to save, then reactivate each plugin one at a time until the issue presents itself again, then you will know what plugin is the culprit. \

If it still doesn’t work after deactivating all plugins, then you will probably want to switch to a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. That should be a starting point to determine whether it’s a plugin or theme conflict.

If the issue still persists after deactivating all other plugins and switching the theme, then problem is most likely in your database.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fields no longer updating or appearing on front end’ is closed to new replies.