Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Fields groups not showing on the fields groups list screen

Solving

Fields groups not showing on the fields groups list screen

• Almost everything works fine: I can add fields, edit fields, display fields, etc, but fields are not showing on the fields group list. At the top of the list, there’s a total count of the fields groups displayed, and the total count is correct, but the list is empty, like there were no fields groups defined. The only way to edit a field group is to click the cog icon on the page where the field group is displayed.

It applies not only for the previously defined groups, newly defined groups are not showing either.

I know I’m not providing too many details, so please tell me what details can I provide you with in order to enable you to solve my problem.

I don’t know when it happened. I suppose that after an upgrade or after fields synchronization, but I’m not sure.

ACF PRO 5.4.6, fields stored in the /acf-json dir.

• Hi @wube

Could you please make sure that there’s no conflict with your theme or other plugins? It’s possible that there’s the same field group registered in your theme or maybe there’s a function that prevents ACF queries. To test it out, could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Could you also share the screenshots of the issue and the cog icon you mentioned?

Also, could you please share your “acf-json” directory so I can test it on my installation?

Thanks 🙂

• Hi James,

Exact the same issue here. I’ve added 10 custom fields a while ago to this custom post type. I want to edit these and can’t do that, the panel with custom fields is simply gone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa95wfojmj8zrb8/Screenshot%202016-10-06%2017.13.57.png?dl=0

When viewing the inspector the custom fields div is actually there, but has a “closed” class on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yscosvi5gvdd9v/Screenshot%202016-10-06%2017.15.58.png?dl=0

When I remove the “closed” class the fields show up as intended.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0dth0g7thxaa5p/Screenshot%202016-10-06%2017.16.57.png?dl=0

Any idea?

• Hi @studiotwist

Please keep in mind that WordPress tracks the meta boxes you’ve closed in the database. It seems there’s an event on your site that closed the fields box and updated the database. There’s a hacky workaround to fix it:

1. Click the Location title so it’s closed.
    2. Remove the “closed” class from the developer tools like you did before.
    3. Click the Location title again so it’s opened. This will also update the database and set the fields box to open.

I hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fields groups not showing on the fields groups list screen’ is closed to new replies.