Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback Fields Group Between Multisites

Solving

Fields Group Between Multisites

• How i can load a field group from another blog?

Ex:
    Blog 1 has CPT ‘contact’
    Blog 2 has CPT ‘contact”

I want same field group in two Blogs, but i want create/update this only in Blog 1. The Blog 2 must get fields from Blog 1.

• Hi @lincolnlemos

Did you only want to duplicate the field group? If you did, I believe you can export the field group from “Custom Fields > Tools” (PRO version) or “Custom Fields > Export” (Free version). You can also create the field group by using PHP code. Just make sure that you can load the code from your second blog.

If that’s not what you want, could you please explain it to me again?

Thanks!

• Hmm…its almost duplicate, but this need be more easy. Let me show all situation.

I have 30 blogs. The first is that have the default configs and have a mother theme. The other 29 blogs use the child theme and have the default configs from Blog 1.

If i export the Field Group from the First Blog with PHP Code and save this on mother theme will work. The problem is that i make changes in Field Group 3 times at day. So i think that can be maked more easily.

Maybe add some filter that function then search in the field-group posts at current blog and on first blog.

Any ideas?

• Hi @lincolnlemos

Could you please tell me why do you need to change the field group three times a day? It’s an unusual way to use ACF and it will be hard to maintain as you have a lot of blogs.

If you want, I believe you can also use the Local JSON feature. You can set the loading path to your parent theme so that it can be accessed from your other blogs. This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/local-json/.

I hope this makes sense 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fields Group Between Multisites’ is closed to new replies.