Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Fields disappearing on update

Solved

Fields disappearing on update

• running into a problem when updating a field group. This field group has 73 fields. It has worked fine for a few years and I recently went in to change the fields and now when I update the field group over half of the fields disappear. I turned on WP_Debug and I am given two errors

Notice: Undefined index: type in /home/wp-content/n/m/m/nmm0024/html/testing/wp-content/plugins/acf-repeater/repeater.php on line 311

Notice: Undefined variable: field in /home/wp-content/n/m/m/nmm0024/html/testing/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/fields/_functions.php on line 525

The undefined variable error is shown about 20 times. I have tested this on a brand new install of wordpress and the most up to date version of ACF.

• I am having a similar problem which is driving me to distraction. Updates simply do not work. My field definitions get thrown away and all replaced with text type fields (if at all). I am on the point of ditching your plugin because I can’t take the risk that my work just gets destroyed without warning. There are NO error messages. HELP HELP HELP!

• Also, an export followed by an import simply created a set of text fields WITHOUT ANY ERROR MESSAGE

• I actually fixed this problem myself by changing max_input_vars in php.ini

This might not be your problem but php 5.3 has a limit of 1000 input vars. When you have a lot of fields with say the collapsible field or repeater field you will get up to over 1000 variables pretty easily. I just upped mine to 10,000 and everything is working correctly.

• Thanks codydoodle. My ISP refused to change the max vars limit, but in the end that wasn’t the problem. There was a rogue bit of PHP in my functions.php that was messing with the post variables before they were being stored…

That’s fixed and I’m more or less back to normal now 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fields disappearing on update’ is closed to new replies.