Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Fields and Options disappeared from "Field Groups" section

Solving

Fields and Options disappeared from "Field Groups" section

• Hi Guys,

Really weird problem.

I have the custom fields available in a custom post type when I go to edit it. But all of the settings have disappeared from the “Custom Fields” > “Field Groups”.

In the “Field Groups” section it states there are 15 field but when you click on the group there are no options.

I would like to retain the field IDs if possible as I have lots of custom code written to populate them.

Any ideas on how to get them back?

Thanks for any help.

• Hi @engineroom

Did you get anywhere with this?

I have had the exact same issue happen to me. Thankfully, I have a backup of all my fields, but it doesn’t matter if I can’t get the settings/options to display.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting what I can find in the database related to ACF but nothing works.

Matt

• Hi Matt,

It turns our that a function I had setup to populate one of the dropdowns was causing the issue. The function used WP_query to pull back a custom post type.

I altered this this to get_posts and it started working.

I have no idea why and not sure if this is the right way to fix it but it did the job so I won’t argue. 🙂

Hope this helps in some way.

• Whenever you use WP_Query to do a custom query you always need to call wp_reset_postdata() to reset WP back to the main query. Sometimes you need to call wp_reset_query(). If you don’t reset WP then it’s looking at the wrong query when it tries to display the list of posts on the admin page.

• Screen Options in top right, make sure ‘Fields’ is checked to show.

Found this thread after having the same issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fields and Options disappeared from "Field Groups" section’ is closed to new replies.