Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Field Types and Default Values

Solving

Field Types and Default Values

• I’m creating two specific field types within a tab group. Email and Number to represent user email and a phone number. In trying to set a default email address, it keeps requiring a number input. And in setting a default value for the number field, each time I publish it, the default number is changed to: 2147483647. Am I missing some settings necessary to set default values for these fields?

• Hi @rbtstudio

Any chance you are using the same field name across multiple fields?

Can you take a screenshot showing both fields (in edit field group screen) open?

Thansk
    E

• It was a good question which caused me to do a double take, but alas, the field names are unique. The field titles are the same, but that shouldn’t matter right? Here’s the screen shot you requested.

• Hi @rbtstudio

Thank you for the screenshot. Yes, for some reason, the email field is using an incorrect field type for the default value option…

I have just fixed this bug and pushed to github.

Are you able to download and use the latest github version?

Also, may I ask what version are you currently using? Stable / Nightly?

Thanks
    E

• That new nightly push did in fact fix my email default value bug. Thank you so much for that! I was wondering if you had seen that the Number default value is still causing a problem. I would enter a desired value and once published, the value is changed to a different number. I’m attaching another screenshot for you to see.

On a whim, I searched the number and not so surprisingly it came back with this:
    wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647

• Has anyone else run into this problem in a Number Field Type? The Default Value changing to 2147483647 after publishing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Field Types and Default Values’ is closed to new replies.