Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Field labels are being auto translated

Solving

Field labels are being auto translated

• I want the labels to be named as I defined them – however since I am on a german wordpress installation, some field labels I named in a more generic way (like “Style”) are automatically being translated to german… Any way to disable that?

• Hi @baumgarn

Could you please tell me which translation plugin are you using now? If it’s WPML, I believe you can disable the translation of field groups from WPML -> Translation management page. This page should give you more idea about it: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/multilingual-custom-fields/.

I hope this helps.

• No translation plugin!

Problem persists with ACF as the only installed plugin – just the language of wordpress installation is set to german …

For example: wp-admin menu “Appearance” is called “Design” in the german translation (ridiculous, right?). In consequence, if I name a custom field “appearance” its name changes to “design” right after I publish.

• Hi @baumgarn

That’s weird. I have tried it and couldn’t reproduce it on my end. I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference. Do you have a function that causes this behaviour in your theme? Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated?

Thanks!

• Hi James,

can you try it with leading captial letters? I reproduced this in stock conditions – lowercase was fine, capital letters are required to trigger the translation. Anything that equals an internal wordpress label is being translated.

• Hi @baumgarn

Unfortunately, I still can’t reproduce the issue. I’ve attached some screenshots for your reference.

Could you please try it on another server or your localhost?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Field labels are being auto translated’ is closed to new replies.