– JS exceptions thrown when loading the edit screen: “[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking ‘touchstart’ event.”
– JS exception thrown when changing the location rule’s main select box: “[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience.”
– Disabled all of the WordPress plugins except for ACF. Didn’t help.
– Uninstalled ACF, reinstalled from latest ZIP. Didn’t help.
– Inspected all PHP error logs. No errors found.
– Activated WP_DEBUG in wp_config.php. No errors found.
I had a filter function attached to the “script_loader_tag” hook that adds a “defer” attribute to all of the JS script tags. The filtering wasn’t limited to the frontend only and somehow interfered with ACF’s process of loading JS files in the backend.
Once the filter has been limited to the frontend only, ACF’s functionality in the backend returned to normal.
Thanks for your time John!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users